ABC News reports “Family of teen who choked on chicken nugget gets $2 million“. Two years ago an autistic student choked to death on a chicken nugget while at school. Devastated at the loss of their son, the family filed a lawsuit against the school. It turns out the aide that should have watched their son was helping another student. Doctors pronounced the boy dead after the school rushed him to the hospital.
After almost two years, the courts awarded the family 2 million dollars. Also with the lawsuit, the school has started better training for school officials, teachers, and aides. Hopefully, this training will help prevent any further deaths.